Fire Damage, Environmentally Friendly Fire Fighting Chemicals, Foams, Powders & Fire Attack Systems
Fire does not discriminate, so wherever you live, how old you are or how much money you have, there is still a chance of a fire occurring in your home or business premises. It is a major fear of many homeowners, although when the thought pops into our heads, we are highly likely to shrug it off and avoid thinking about it. This means that frequently, when a fire does break out, most people are not prepared for the consequent devastation.
Even where nobody has been hurt during the fire, you could be left to cope with emotions like frustration, anger, sadness and despair. You will probably have lost many valuable belongings along with a lifetime of memories. You may be in a bit of as fog, as you wonder what your next step should be. In these situations it’s important to try and focus on what needs doing and how to move forward.
One of the first things to do if you have had a fire in East London, is to contact your insurance company agent, who will advise on how to proceed, and what should be at the top of the list. Such as:-
- Securing a place to stay either with friends, relatives or temporary accommodation, perhaps in apartments that charge lower rates for people displaced by disaster.
- Once the affected area is deemed safe by the fire service, taking action to minimise further damage to the property. This may include removing debris and sealing windows and doors by covering with wood, metal etc, plus getting rid of water via a pump.
- Not turning utilities like gas, electricity on until the fire service tell you otherwise.
- Making the compulsory lists of items damaged or lost to the fire and their value, it helps if you have evidence such as receipts, digital invoices etc.
- Hiring the services of a professional to inspect and assess the damage.
While it might seem like the end of the world, fire happens to many people and it is possible to get over it and move on with your life.